Stock Controller x16 at M-KOPA
- Company: M-KOPA
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
We’re looking for stock controllers to join our Team within the Retail Department. We are looking for people who are resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done.
As stock controllers’ your main objective will be to support the Retail function to achieve the set objectives and key results. The role requires close collaboration with both the sales and the warehouse teams to support the overall business objectives of achieving a set revenue target while managing stock and the associated controls effectively.
The position will report to the Retail Team Leader (Uganda).
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
Support the Retail function by delivering against the following:
1. You will be responsible for receiving sales stock on the system, issuing the received stock for sale (stock allocation) as well as carrying out stock reconciliation while achieving high standards of accuracy including:
2. Carrying out weekly stock audits for the indirect outlets assigned to you.
1. You will support all sales efforts related to stock such as stock allocation, supporting upgrade customers to get their new upgrade products as well as retrieving and accounting for all aged stock.
1. You will be responsible for the successful consolidation, tracking, and return of all stock to the warehouse as per the set-out procedures and processes, completing all required documents and system input/adjustment as required.
2. You will be responsible for providing support to customer-related inquiries or product issues including but not limited to the following:
3. Logging all customer interactions
4. Troubleshooting device issues with the aim to resolve
5. Receiving devices that require in-warranty repair.
6. Scheduling the dispatch of customer devices for repair (via courier)
7. Following up and resolving pending customer issues
8. Receiving devices that are repaired and contacting customers to collect them.
9. Completing customer cancellation and downgrade requests as per the set process
1. You will be responsible for ensuring that the depot is neat and clean, including ensuring that all posters and marketing materials at the depot are in good condition are visible and where they need to be replaced, and that proactive actions are taken to make a replacement request
2. You will be responsible for providing daily reports accounting for stocks provided, issued out, and any balance carried forward including recording for referencing and personal stock controller audit.
3. Experience/ Skills & Competencies/ Licences & Certifications/ Education Required
4. At least 1 year experience in customer care or inventory management, preferably in a phone-selling company.
5. Tech-savvy with the ability to troubleshoot phone-related issues
6. Front office management is an added advantage
7. Computer literate
8. College Diploma or degree in any field
9. Strong analytical and excellent communication skills
10. Excellent problem-solving skills
11. Able to collaborate with various teams
You Might Be A Good Fit If
1. Are excited to deeply understand the inner workings of the tools you use.
2. You enjoy working with new people every day, are meticulous, details interest you, working with a computer is not foreign to you
3. Push through hard problems without giving up.
4. Are not afraid to take on complicated systems and processes.
5. Can communicate clearly with colleagues who work, speak, and think differently.
6. Work to make things better for our customers and easier for the team
7. Always try to improve as a subject matter expert