Warehouse Manager at M-KOPA
- Company: M-KOPA
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our Team within Operations. We are looking for someone who’s, organized, and proactive.
Your main objective will be to ensure the optimization of warehouse and distribution processes and facilities with the objective of providing a cost-effective warehouse & logistics services and solutions to our internal customers, seamless warehouse processes to ensure inventory control, order management, outbound logistics, 3PL management Reverse logistics management so as to achieve the departmental goals.
You will work with the Senior Manager – Retail and Logistics across operational and strategic tasks including determining how to achieve the set goals and performance management in the warehouse department.
You will report to the Senior Manager – Retail and Logistics
1. Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, general warehouse costs, and efficiency.
2. Ensure inbound transactions physically and in the system with 100% adherence to the Service level agreement
3. Coordinate dispatch from the warehouse to the retail outlets and ensuring real-time outbound system transactions On Time and In Full
4. Ensure receipt, verification, documentation, and storage of reverse stock following laid down processes.
5. Lead Kaizen (6S) implementation and sustainability to promote champion continuous improvements.
6. Ensure the tracking and reporting of surplus or obsolete stock to management for disposal.
7. Ensure storage space is optimized for the stocking of items to manage/reduce the storage space;
8. Ensure the entire logistics process from customs clearance and all import-related requirements, safe receipt at warehouse and storage is observed
9. Track defective pieces of inventory and rates of return to maintain quality control
10. Performance Management
11. Manage 3PL (FC) activities to meet quality, cost, and production timelines and achieve set targets.
12. Ensure responsible management of warehouse and logistics costs; i.e., assist manage the warehouse budget by providing insights into forecasting discussions, tracking performance, and promoting projects to reduce cost or increase operational efficiency
13. Ensure Monthly stock takes are carried out and a duly reconciled report is sent before 2nd day of the month
14. Ensure team performance management by overseeing standard operating procedures for the repairs and warehouse department and periodically benchmark against industry standards to meet local needs and increase productivity.
You will ensure that the warehouse operations are run following the sector and industry safety guidelines
You will help to ensure that the warehouse department operates within the set budget limits and cost efficiency standards
You will be responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of all stock, systems, and other inbound and outbound related transactions to the relevant team members
1. You will identify any process-related opportunities.
2. You will channel the opportunities to the Global Business Operations team to address.
3. You will also help provide input to any process-related improvements
1. You have background in Supply Chain with a bias in warehouse and logistics, with at least 3+ years of experience leading warehouse teams
2. You have basic / excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
3. You have previously worked in a similar role
4. You have experience in operations.
5. You have people leadership experience in a similar or relevant capacity
Bachelor’s degree in related field
1. Collaborate with teams across different markets
2. You Might Be A Good Fit If;
3. Reﬂexively ask yourself, “Is this process going to produce the best experience for our customers?”
4. Are excited to understand the inner workings of the tools you use.
5. Push through hard problems without giving up.
6. Are not afraid to take on complicated processes.
7. Make things better for our customers and easier for the team
8. Always try to improve as a subject matter expert