Zonal Finance Officer – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity at Education Development Center
- Company: Education Development Center
- Location: Uganda
- State: Gulu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
The Zonal Finance Officer will provide financial management support to the specific zonal office for all operations and program activities. S/he will be responsible for processing advances, reconciliation of advances, payment to vendors, travel reimbursement for zonal staff, request for funds transfer from the Kampala Head Office and preparation of bank reconciliation reports among other responsibilities. This position reports to the Senior Zone Manager and will work in close collaboration with the Senior Finance Officer for Zonal Operations in Kampala.
This is a full-time position based in the Gulu Zonal Office.
• Process wire transfers and payments; prepare vouchers; review and certify that all supporting documentation is compliant with local tax laws, as well as USAID and EDC policies.
• Participate in budget planning and tracking in collaboration with the Senior Zone Manager.
• Coordinate, manage and account for all mobile money payments emanating from the zonal office.
• Record financial transactions in QuickBooks completely and correctly.
• Conduct bank transactions to the maximum extent possible using Stanbic Business Online.
• Maintain all necessary accounting records as appropriate and ensure they are acceptable for audit purposes.
• Scan and file all accounting documentation on a monthly basis per EDC file retention policies.
• Any other duties relevant to the position as may be assigned by the Senior Zone Manager.
The candidate for the position of Zonal Finance Officer shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Computing, Business Administration or any related field. Must have at least 6 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience is required. An advanced degree is an added advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of and financial management experience with USAID funded programs.
• Excellent skills in Excel and Word.
• In-depth skills and knowledge of accounting software, especially QuickBooks.
• Expense tracking and reporting.
• Budget variance tracking and reporting.
• Experience with online banking and mobile money management.
• Experience with USAID VAT reporting.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
• Team player.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th July. 2022