Zonal Manager at Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Banking Jobs in Uganda
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Zonal Manager will provide Credit, Business Development Services and other services to clients at the zone. To provide leadership and provide technical support and guidance to staff in achievement of set business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage the loan delivery process at the zone and execute loan agreements within their mandate.
- To analyze the performance of the loan portfolio by clients and provide remedial action where necessary.
- To manage the provision of Business Development Services to clients.
- To prepare periodic work plans, budgets and status reports of his/her zone for submission to Head Office and other stakeholders.
- To manage daily operations, management, coordination and supervision of the zonal Office and manage the Company’s resources.
- To identify and manage risks in the Zone.
- To promote the Company’s business and image in the zone and communicate it to the public in accordance with available guidelines.
- To assess the progress of implementation of the loan obligation and design strategies to enhance compliance to the loan obligation.
- To manage performance of staff in achieving set business objectives.
Key Result Areas:
- Proper performance of the Zonal loan/credit performance
- Monthly reporting of the Zonal performance
- Proper and timely approvals and loan disbursements in the Zone
- Increased utilization of MSC services in the Zone
- Management, performance and development of all staff in the Zone.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree (Honors) in Microfinance, Development Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Statistics, any other related discipline;
- A minimum of six years’ relevant experience in provision of financial services preferably with a reputable Financial Institution, two (2) of which should be supervisory level.
- Possession of relevant computer skills.
- Ability to build relationships and relate well with others to facilitate accomplishment of work targets.
- Ability to communicate orally and written
- Ability to lead teams and manage change
- Ability to analyze complex data
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in financial accounting.
- Ability to work under hard and difficult environments
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of integrity.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an application and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below. The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October 2019